Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh what a weekend!

OK I told everyone Friday that we were going to Devil's Den and we did, and always it was beautiful. We went hiking on the Fossil Flats trail which is awesome because once you to the flats several rocks have these fossils in them. They are everywhere. Also Tony found this turquoise plastic clothes pin, and he said, "See even the Indians used clothes and in turquoise". I wonder about him sometimes. Then we came upon a tree that had a red bandanna on it and again Tony said see its an Indian tree. All in all it was a great hike.
We then decided to go to Lake Ft. Smith for the first time since they redone it and it was gorgeous. The visitor's center was done very well. like a mini museuem. Their campsites are very clean and well proportioned. They also have this lodge that sleeps 32 people and its huge.
Everyone have a great and Blessed week.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Trent and I have been to Lake Ft Smith several times and we love it there! We like to fish there...it's so pretty! I am SO excited for spring!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been there yet but we really want to go when we get a chance. I have heard good things about both places actually!

Beckypdj said...

I think we are going to take our Colorado friends to Lake Ft. Smith this weekend!